Garden Instructor/Job Coach
St. Madeleine Sophie's Center is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and energetic individual who is passionate about working in horticulture and garden maintenance. This person will instruct and assist people with developmental disabilities at our beautiful, campus-like environment here at the Center located in El Cajon, CA.
- Works directly with adults that have developmental disabilities in vocational training and instruction. Experience in horticulture and garden maintenance. Ability to instruct and manage groups of individuals with disabilities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to interact with public in a positive and professional manner.
- Must have ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of Horticulture
- Supervise as needed.
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Retails skills helpful
- Must be 18 years.
- Preferred 6 months of experience. EOE.BENEFITS.
Skills / Requirements
Preferred six months of direct care or direct training of people with developmental disabilities or equivalent experience in Social Services.
Minimum high school diploma and GED required. Prior Horticulture and Retail plant sales experience strongly preferred.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, pre-employment physical, tuberculosis test and must be able to pass DOJ background check. Must possess valid CA Driver License, DMV clearance- H-6 and must have reliable transportation. Must have current CPR and First Aid Training.
Pay: $12 to $15/hour
based on experience.
Job Status: Full Time