IP Job Coach
St. Madeleine Sophie's Center is looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic individuals who are passionate about working with a non-profit who services people with developmental disabilities. Our Supported Employment Department is growing and we need dedicated people to join our team! Our Center is located on a beautiful campus-like environment in El Cajon, California.
IP Job Coach
- Works directly with adults that have developmental disabilities in vocational training and instruction.
- Supervise as needed.
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Skills
- Communication Skills
- Must be 18 years.
- Preferred 6 months of experience. EOE.
- PT schedule. Hours will be discussed during interview. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Clean driving record is essential and reliable transportation is required.
Skills / Requirements
Preferred six months of direct care or direct training of people with developmental disabilities or equivalent experience in social services. Must be 18 years old.Must be able to understand and adhere to Dept of Labor and SMSC guidelines. Must be able to successfully complete CPR and First Aid Training.
Must pass criminal records check, pre-employment physical,TB test and pre-employment drug screening. Must have a valid CA Driver's License and clean DMV Report. Individual will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, communicate, and train others. Occasionally must lift up to 50 lbs. for purpose of Job Coaching assistance, consumer safety or setting up activities. May be required to walk a distance up to one-half mile in length.
Pay: $13 to $16/hour
Hourly rate is based on experience and a .50 shift differential is offered when working evenings and weekends
Job Status: Full Time