Perform duties under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Department and Director of Day Program; primary responsibility will be coordinating the Volunteer Program, which includes recruiting long-term volunteers to assist with program staff; and recruit short-term volunteers to assist with events. Secondary responsibility will be assisting the Donor Relations Officer with administrative projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Building the volunteer program at SMSC, bringing resources of highly-skilled volunteers to the individuals with developmental disabilities the program serves.
- Implement and maintain procedures and protocols for volunteer functions
- Develop a marketing and social media plan to recruit volunteers, including business partners and specific marketing techniques for highly-skilled volunteers.
- Recruit and train community members as volunteers for programs that support individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Track volunteer program and infrastructure development.
- Serve side-by-side with volunteers to provide guidance and to improve the volunteer experience.
- Coordinate volunteer recognition lunches and awards.
- Coordinate with Events and Marketing Department to determine event volunteer needs.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to effectively deliver policies and procedures to volunteers as in line with SMSC policies.
- Assist Donor Relations Officer with correspondence, database entry, and stewardship.
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis.
Individual will regularly be required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to climb or balance; frequently bends, twists, stoops and kneels; and will assist with lifting and transferring adults from wheelchairs to a variety of locations with the organization or community. Occasionally may have to lift up to 50 lbs for purposes of consumer safety or setting up activities. May be required to work outside in all weather conditions. May be required to walk distances up to one-half mile in length. May be required to swim. Occasionally there will be situations requiring high stamina. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard office environment and equipment including phone, computer, fax, copier, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in working with and coordinating volunteers
- May be qualified with no experience in some cases (with proper references and additional trainings offered by SMSC).
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college course work preferred
- Must be able to conform to applicable laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to Title 17 and Title 22 of the State of California
- Able to communicate effectively – orally and in written form
- Ability to deal with constant change in a fast-paced setting
- First Aid and CPR required for the position (SMSC will train)
Pay: $14 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time